The Geographic Information System (GIS) was developed
by Meritum Soft d.o.o. in 2008 for georgraphical space management for
city employees to access and manage data and plans. It is a stand alone
system that is integrated with the existing city platform and management
The system is based on the most modern and technologically advances
GIS's. The database is build by collecting and processing unique data,
outside sources of official data (DGU, Ministry of Justice, Ministry
of Commerce,...), specialty data (topographic maps, HOK, registry plans,...)
and data from communal utilities which requires interfacing with their
Management and maintanence of the system will be accomplished
within the principles of interoperability via suitable services keeping
all necessary communication lines open.
The primary goal of the system is to allow relevant
geographical, technical and reviewable views of the city premises from
where the current city status can be observed and reviewed. Concurrently
the system allows for the review and analysis of geographical plans
for space management and tracking of the same status in space.
The solution is the Win32 desktop application and the
database used for geographical data is Oracle SDO.
It is important to note that this solution,
as with everything done by Meritum Soft, is a stand alone product that
is free of the constraints of 3rd party licenses and is an exclusive
product of our company.
The desktop application itself already contains implemented
functionalities with similar tools for the graphical manipulation of
content. In the system development we paid special attention towards
a logical interface and the standardization of protocols, and we have
combined all these elements into one single product.
The Meritum GIS product combines all of these functionalities:
- Vector content from standard dxf and shp files.
- Management and editing of layers from imported files in themed styles.
- Archiving of edited themes in the database as predefined, and unchangeable
themes (read only).
- Re-editing and combining of content from predefined themes, and saving
of newly created content in customer themes.
- Management of user accounts and grouping of system users, management
of group privileges, individual accounts and customer themes.
- Drawing of simple graphical elements (text, lines, polygons, points)
in customer defined layers and management of privileges for usage of
the created elements.
- Placement of geographical queries in combination with geometry of
- Measurement of distance and space with geometry.
- Basic information of selected geometry (type, theme layer, measurement,
- Interoperability with public system services of federal government
- Search of point (textual) geometries, as in plot numbers or local
- Server: Oracle RDBMS with SDO option or Oracle XE
- Client: Windows OS (x86_64)